4 Tips to Get Started with Social Media
DID YOU KNOW … that the average adult spends 20 hours per week consuming digital content? Is your business providing any of the content that is being consumed on a weekly basis? Are you confused about where to even begin with delivering social media content? Establishing a social media presence doesn’t have to be a daunting task.
FOLLOW THESE 4 TIPS TO GET STARTED TODAY.
BRAND EDUCATIONAL VOICE:
- How do you want your audience to perceive your brand?
- Who is the face/voice behind your brand?
- What does your brand stand for?
- What are your brand values?
- What story do you want your brand to tell?
ACTION TIP: Remember, all the words, images, & posts you make on social media leave a lasting impression for your audience. Write a list of adjectives or terms you want people to associate with your brand. This list will help you create a “voice” for your brand.
- Who are you trying to educate?
ACTION TIP: Create an audience profile by identifying these key elements: age range, occupation, key interests, & geographic location.
CHOOSE A PLATFORM:
- Do you understand how each social media platform operates?
- How will your target audience best engage with your content?
ACTION TIP: Do you know what platform your customers are on? Survey your network to determine which platform they are currently using.
- How are you improving your social media engagement?
- How are people engaging with your business?
- Are people engaging with your content?
ACTION TIP: Scan your current social media posts. Determine what type of posts are receiving the most engagement and which platforms you are receiving the most engagement.
In conclusion, Social Media is a free tool to use to reach your prospects and clients. Following these 4 tasks will get you on track to be one of the businesses people are engaging with on social media.